So after church, mimi-chan and I went to Valley Point (at River Valley Road). I never knew this mall existed haha! When we entered the restaurant, I was quite taken by the nice setting and ambience. The waiter reserved a nice little corner for the both of us too~ ^-^
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Today is my treat at good food - Mimi-chan and I agreed to treat each other to good food twice a month~!! So.... Super nice me went to research on a few nice (and affordable) places, came up with an exhaustive list of restaurants for mimi-chan to choose from, and finally decided on this Japanese-French fusion restaurant - Dozo. Actually I first heard of this restaurant from a Food Appreciation email for our company, and I wanted to try it haha so...
So after church, mimi-chan and I went to Valley Point (at River Valley Road). I never knew this mall existed haha! When we entered the restaurant, I was quite taken by the nice setting and ambience. The waiter reserved a nice little corner for the both of us too~ ^-^
So while we were deciding on what to have, the waitress served us with this very refreshing sorbet. See how cute it is~
Look at super happy Mimi-Chan hahaha (he was looking at the Sake list)
So first up - the Chef's seasonal assorted platter - Scallop (very nice, tender and "Q" :P), Foie Gras (still my favourite!), and Smoked Salmon
For side dish, I ordered the Gratinated Escargots topped with Garlic and Yuzu Butter. I really love this dish (oh i'm a big fan of escargot too hahaha) everything just blended together perfectly
Mimi-chan's Steamed egg custard with scallop and foie gras topped with Caviar. Seriously... tasted like normal Chawanmushi to me hahaha
Oh Oh Oh, the waiter was so nice, when he knew that we loved foie gras, he actually brought out another plate of foie gras for us - free!!
Seafood Bisque for soup - actually i ordered this, and realised that there are a lot of crab meat inside haha. So super sad me, who is allergic to crab meat, had to exchange soup with mimi-chan. Haha sorry arh mimi-chan~ I took your nice nice mushroom soup~
The mushroom and truffle soup, that was oh-so-nice~
On to main dish - Beef tenderloin on "Pu Ye" and Granite Hot Stone. I simply loooovvveee this dish! The tenderloin is soooo juicy and tender, and well marinated haha normally I don't like beef on hot stones, cos it sorts of dries up the beef and most of the time - overcook it. But in this case, the beef stayed juicy and tender~ Definitely recommend this main dish to anyone who goes to this restaurant.
Herbs-braised Lamb Shank - quite nice too, but cos I'm not a huge fan of lamb, so... not much comments hahaha
Refreshing Fruit tea after a hearty meal! Also a must try!

For desserts - warm chocolate cake with ice cream. The waiter told us that someone commented that their warm chocolate cake is one of the best in Singapore. So... of course we had to try it haha and turns out that it really is great!!
Green tea creme brulee. Something nice and different
All in all, a very great dining experience for us. Look, even the receipt was given to us in a very nice and cute envelope hahaha!! Great service, great food, great ambience, great everything!! My mom, after looking at the photos, said she wants to try it too haha so~ most prob will bring her there some day!
The friendly waiter offered to take a picture for us so... here goes~ Oh and he even gave me a rose just for the photo-taking hahaha
So after church, mimi-chan and I went to Valley Point (at River Valley Road). I never knew this mall existed haha! When we entered the restaurant, I was quite taken by the nice setting and ambience. The waiter reserved a nice little corner for the both of us too~ ^-^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment