Saturday, May 29, 2010

we don't know what we've got

until we lose it.

Went to watch Shrek 3, and it was great, just like the previous 2!! And I love children show, cos they always try to bring across a certain message! One of my favourite lines in the show is when Fiona told Shrek "You have a bunch of wonderful friends. You have a happy family. You have 3 beautiful children. You have a wife who loves you. Why are you the only one who can't see it?" (or something along that line LOL) And ya that's super true. Most of the time we are the only ones who don't see how blessed we are, while others look on our lives with envy. And the problem with us is that we always don't know what we've got until we lose it, or face losing it.

Looking at my own life, I have everything that I'll ever want.

I have great friends.
I have a caring family.
I have a bunch of very close cousins.
I have the best sister.
I have a boyfriend whom I love a lot.
I have the greatest dad.
I have the best mom who would sacrifice the whole world for me.

I never have to face my troubles alone.
I never have to eat alone.
I never have to laugh alone.
I'm never alone.

And it's all thanks to all these people around me.

If I don't cherish them now, 50 years later when I look back, I'll regret and feel all alone.

So, yup! :) A lot of thoughts in my head now, but I think there's no need to type them all out haha

No comments: